1. When are the festival dates?
Perspectives Film Festival will be held from the 20th to the 29th of October.
2. Where will the festival be held?
Perspectives Film Festival will be held at three different venues this year: National Museum of Singapore, Shaw Theatres Lido and Alliance Française Singapore.
3. Who can attend the festival?
Each film is rated in accordance to the iMDA’s ratings guidelines, and standard cinema age restrictions apply. The ratings for each individual film are available at www.perspectivesfilmfestival.com.
4. What are the different ticket deals available?
The ticket packages are as follows:
– Standard – $13
– Concession (students with valid ID, seniors above 55, NSFs) – $11
– Restored Classics Pass (McCabe & Mrs Miller, Blow-Up and Black Girl / Borom Sarret Double Bill) – $30
– Women in Charge Pass (The Apple, The Lure and I Am Not A Witch) – $30
– Festival Pass (all films) – $99
5. Are there any discounts?
Singapore Film Society members and PAssion Card holders get $2 off all adult tickets, and Alliance Française members get $2 off tickets for La Haine.
6. Will there be tickets available at the door?
Yes! Well, kind of — if there are any remaining tickets after online sales, they will be sold at the door. These tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis, so it’s still best to book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
7. Is there a refund policy for festival tickets?
Unfortunately, tickets are non-refundable upon purchase.
8. What time will doors open?
Doors open 15 minutes before the film starts.
9. Can I still enter the theatre if I’m late?
Yes, but we might have to assign the seat for you.
10. Is the theatre free seating, or are seats assigned?
There are no assigned seats at each screening.
11. If I have bought a ticket but am unable to make it, can I pass the ticket to my friends / family members?
As long as your friend / family member is able to produce the ticket at the door, it’s fine.
12. Are food and drinks allowed in the theatre?
For screenings at National Museum of Singapore and Alliance Française Singapore, no food and drinks are allowed in the theatre.
For screenings at Shaw Lido, only food and drinks bought at the theatre are allowed.
13. Is the festival open to film submissions?
No, Perspectives Film Festival is not open to film submissions.
14. When are the ancillary activities?
A New World: The Cinematic Virtual Reality Experience will be held at *SCAPE Gallery on the 15th of October, while the Dovzhenko Centre and the Revitalisation of post-Soviet Film Archive in Ukraine Masterclass will take place on the 28th of October at the National Museum of Singapore.
15. Is there an entry fee for the ancillary events?
There is no entry fee for A New World: The Cinematic Virtual Reality Experience, but interested participants must sign up for a spot at www.perspectivesfilmfestival.com on a first-come-first-served basis.
To attend the Dovzhenko Centre and the Revitalisation of post-Soviet Film Archive in Ukraine masterclass, you must purchase a ticket for Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors. Alternatively, you can purchase a ticket to the masterclass for $5 on our website.
16. How do I get to the festival locations?
National Museum of Singapore is located at 93 Stamford Road, Singapore 178897
More information is available at nationalmuseum.sg
use this link: (http://nationalmuseum.sg/visitors-info/going-to-the-museum)
Shaw Theatres Lido is located on Level 5 of Shaw House, 350 Orchard Road
More information is available at shaw.sg
(use this link: http://www.shaw.sg/sw_cinemadetails.aspx?cplexCode=30%20210%20236%2039%20155%2056%2075%20124%20123%2077%2076%20246%2036%2085%20160%200)
Alliance Française Singapore is located at 1 Sarkies Rd, Singapore 258130
More information available at alliancefrancaise.org.sg
(use this link: http://alliancefrancaise.org.sg/about/contact-us/)
17. Who can I contact for media-related enquiries?
For media-related enquiries, you can send an email to:
Ng Kai Yuan (Mr)
(+65) 9640 8793
Nurul Asyikin (Ms)
(+65) 9850 6484
Cheah Wenqi (Ms)
(+65) 9642 5173
Fiona Koo (Ms)
(+65) 9850 4696
Lee Peishan (Ms)
(+65) 9731 0690